Sunday, October 19, 2014

How am I deciding who to vote for?

Of course, a question I get asked a lot is "who would you want on your Council if elected?" 

Here are my and your choices but use different factors as to why I won't or will vote for candidate(s) to shorten the list a few times.  


So here what we have to choose:


Back, Holly

Bell, Bill
Bell, Don
Bell, Dorothy
Bookham, Pam
Buchanan, Linda
Clark, Matt
Clark, Rod
Fearnley, Via
Harvey, John
Heilman, Joe
Janis, David
Keating, Craig
Makris, Ianni
McGrenera, Kathryn
Nichol, Amanda
Sostad, Ron
Valente, Tony

First, I'm not voting for incumbents, 4 of 18 gone.  Council has been far too nasty and not professional enough for me. A new Mayor with a new Council.


Second, I prefer candidates with real business experience and not a public employee career as they have a whole different mindset.  When Holly Back wants to spend more money on something in her business she has to decide how to raise that money, she can't just raise the prices like Councillors raise our taxes every time they want to spend more money.


Third, I'd like to see 3 women and 3 men so a short list of eight appears.  I'd also think it that Ianni and Dorothy should sit on Council together to learn how to get along.


Back, Holly  hollyback.ca

Bell, Bill electbell.com
Bell Dorthy electbell.com
Clark, Matt votemattclark.com
Fearnley, Via viafearnley.ca
Heilman, Joe Joeheilman.ca
Makris, Iani  voteforianni.com
McGrenera, Kathy kathymcgrenera.ca
Valente, Tony www.tonyvalente.ca

So three have to go and their campaign and campaigning will have to help me decide!  Toss in a comment on who should go.


Remember Actions speak louder than words!


Update 28 Oct: Via wins the award for the most imaginative campaign material for her banner she has brought to meetings.  I think she has moved into my list of 6.


I am extremely disappointed in Dorothy and Bill Bell.  I've sent all the Council candidates information on Kerry Morris' failure to appear in court and the issuing of an arrest warrant  and on his homophobic hate speech.  Nothing.  Are Dorothy's crusades reserved for candidates she thinks are candidates for the Mayor?  Does she not think homophobic hate speech is acceptable?


Rod Clark, Pam Bookham and Amanda Nichol have stood up and endorsed Kerry Morris for Mayor.  Does their judgement meet the standards you set to earn your trust and vote?


Update 30 Oct It is clear to me that Bill Bell has not been away from City Hall long enough to act differently than the incumbents I won't vote for.  The "spin" he and Dorothy Bell use in their campaign is unacceptable to earn my vote.  So I'm down to:

Back, Holly  hollyback.ca
Clark, Matt votemattclark.com
Fearnley, Via viafearnley.ca
Heilman, Joe Joeheilman.ca
Makris, Iani  voteforianni.com
McGrenera, Kathy kathymcgrenera.ca
Valente, Tony www.tonyvalente.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment